Friday 18 October 2013

Aangename kennismaking!

HELLO ALLEMAAL,

Ik kan nog niet Nederlands praten. So I will start to speak, or better write, in English (:
I want to introduce myself: I'm Naomi, the new EVS volunteer. I come from Italy... yes, I know that now you are thinking "Why did you come here, in this small country where it's always raining??" You are right, and I can not say something like "I love the rain" because it's not true... but I love chocolate and maybe for this reason I come here, in the country of chocolate (or so it's known), but it's not that the reason.

As I told you I'm an EVS volunteer.. 
E --> European
V--> Voluntary
S--> Service
I decided to stand as candidate  for this project in February, after nights spent reading projects and trying to find the one that most interested and involved me. I send my CV and a letter of application to Circolito. After a Skype meeting, the day of my birthday, I received the best gift ever: this e-mail

"Hi!
 I have some great news:
We have selected Naomi of our EVS-project from September.
Yihaaa!" 

L'entusiasmo era alle stelle (I was so happy)!!!! And so they start to do all the papers to let me come here and begin a new life here, in Belgium. 

I arrived here the 6th September and i went immediately on a weekend of the circus school, so I had the possibility to meet the most of the people that work here. It was an amazing full immersion, a bit difficult, but challenging. 
So began my adventure in Circolito (:

Now I Follow dutch lesson : "het is moeilijk!!!!!!" But I really want to learn it! Although it's difficult I think that the best way to learn it, it's staying with children! They always want to communicate with me, but they can not speak English...
Sometime i really understand them and the problem is.. "e mo che gli rispondo???" ("and now what can I say to them????"); but sometime, I have to admit, they start to speak very fast and i can not understand one word!!!
..... But I can do this, just oefening, oefening, oefening. Ik kan jou met 3 balletjes leren jongleren, but I'm not able to go to the bakery and ask for the bred, ahahah

In addition to the language course I work in Circolito. I follow some classes like an assistent and some others for myself. Now we are thinking about project that i can do linked to my passions and my abilities. You will have the possibility to see something in the near future (: 

The circus world is not new for me. In Italy I follow for 5 years a "social circus" project, where circus it's  a way to stay together, to create a group, to know yourself better in relationship with other in a safe environment. My association works with young people that stay in jail, in hospital, with people that have arrived in Italy not so long time ago and they can not speak Italian, but it's so beautiful to see how they can create a group, stay together, learning the art of circus, without verbal communication. 
I'm trying to follow their example and many of them continue to write me, telling me not to give up, because the beginning is difficult, and they know it well because they have lived it, but the circus has solved many of the problems. 

And so I'm trying to do my best, trying to express myself in another language, in another contest and start a new life from zero.. It's hard sometime, but so beautiful! I have always want to do, I always want to see what will happen the next day, I'm curious and this was the thing that I miss before!

I think that now you know me better, but stay connected to know more and more (: 


 "Come, come, ladies and gentlemen, it will be a spectacular year, with the best circus shows ever. We will learn how to stay in balance creating a new life trough circus!
The show start today. So come on!! There are free ticket left (: "


Naomi

No comments:

Post a Comment